PayPerPost campusready1

Woman in Suspension

The trials and tribulations of my life as a woman.

Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

I am mother of two, a civil servant,a college graduate, and recently married woman (in that order) who is constantly seeking knowledege and advice to determine which path to follow.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Beginner

I am a beginner at blogging, I am a beginner at marriage, and a finisher in all that I set out to do. The problem is that I have so many things I need and want to do, I have trouble sorting it all out.

My main goal in life is to be the best mother possible,which will not be complete until death do us part. I have two daughters, ages 10 and 13, and have made it a major point to successfully communicate with them; something my mother was unable to accomplish with me. I am always open and honest with the girls. I try to educate them about everything I know so that they will be prepared for any situation that may arise. Mostly, I worry too much.

Recently, I have accomplished a couple of other goals that were on the never ending list. First, I graduated Summa Cum Laud from Ferris State University last August with a B.S. in Criminal Justice. I finally went back to school 8 years after I had my second child. I am not sure what took me so long, but I wish I would not have waited. Life is full of regrets, I'm just glad I did finally go back. I decided to finish because I wanted more for myself and my children, I HATE my current career ( a whole other post!), and I just couldn't live with being a quitter.

I also checked off the "get married" box on my list this past November. I always told all of my family and friends that I would never get married; I thought it was silly to put all of my eggs in one basket...lol.
That thought changed in my late twenties. The void I had for companionship suddenly needed to be filled. My whole outlook changed on the subject of marriage, I began to imagine all of the benefits of a partnership. Not to mention my babies deserved to have a father who loved and cherished them. I was lucky enough to find everything I hoped for and more in Eric, my new husband.

Now, I have a few more boxes that I am itching to check on my list. First, is using that degree I worked so hard for to get a more fulfilling career. I have been trying for a year now, and it's going nowhere. I live in Michigan of all places! Not to mention that my degree is quite limiting.

I have also been trying to sell my house for the past 2 1/2 years and that's even worse than the job hunting here in Michigan...lol. I am smiling while writing this, but it has really been bothering me. I am in desperate need of change in venue and employment. I need/want a job that I enjoy, or at least don't mind. A job with no shift work, weekends and holidays off with the family, and maybe even more money...although I'm not greedy. I want to move our newly formed family into a new and more comfortable environment. We have outgrown this cute little house that I bought when I was 21 with two small children!

I just wanted to give a little intro to the trials and tribulations of a woman caught in mid-air and waiting to be grounded. So, until next time....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

PayPerPost
How to Videos & Articles: eHow.com